Vegetable Beef SoupKaren Seavers
Vegetable soup with beef roast.
- total time:
- 45 min (to prepare plus cooking time)
- 3-4 lb. beef chuck roast
- 3-5 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3-5 carrots peeled and sliced into coins
- 3-5 stalks celery sliced into coins
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 head cabbage coarsely chopped
- 1 can (64 oz) tomato juice
- 1/2 lb spaghetti broken into small pieces and cooked as package directs. (optional)
Place beef roast in pressure cooker. Add 1 tsp salt. Cover with enough water to fill cooker 2/3 full. Pressure cook as per cooker directions. Remove roast and add prepared vegetables to broth. Add 1 tsp salt. Pressure cook as per cooker directions. While vegetables are cooking, shred roast in bite size pieces, discarding fat. Place roast in large saucepan. Add vegetables and broth plus 2/3 to 3/4 can of tomato juice. Simmer on stove top 20 minutes to blend flavors. May add cooked spaghetti just before serving if desired.
Source: Karen Seavers