Filet of Beef with Gorgonzola SauceWendy Smith
This is an expensive main course but it’s special and easy! Serve with Gorgonzola Sauce.
- 1 whole filet of beef (4 to 5 pounds), trimmed and tied
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 3 to 4 oz. Gorgonzola (not creamy or dolce)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Have the butcher prepare the beef. Use a thermometer to be sure the oven is 500 degrees.
Source: The Barefoot Contessa