This is our Christmas beef tenderloin. I remember when I was pregnant with Autumn, I wanted to do something different for our holiday dinner. My friend Tracy, who I worked with at the time, put me on the phone with her fiance who has worked as a chef for years. Chuck gave me this recipe & it’s become our Christmas tradition!
- Beef tenderloin (butt)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Shallots (sliced like onion rings)
- Crimini Mushrooms(Baby Bellas)
- cut into quarters (X motion)
- 1/2 - 1 cup Beef Broth (College Inn)
- Garlic (pinch)
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- Red Wine
- Small boning knife *
- Silverskin should be removed before prepping the beef for the oven.
- If the tenderloin is not trimmed of it’s silverskin, you’ll need a small boning knife with a narrow blade to poke under the skin & trim it away from the meat. Be careful not to cop too much of the meat away & be sure not to trim off ALL the fat as it keeps the meat juicy & adds flavor.
More top-rated recipes: