Crescent-Wrapped BrieNate Brown
Serve this elegant, yet easy, appetizer with one or more of the following toppings: chutney, jalapeño jelly, fruit preserves or salsa.
- total time:
- 1 hr
- 1 (8-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (8-oz.) round natural Brie cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough.
2. With small cookie or canapé cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square; set cutouts aside.
3. Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg. Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.
4. Bake at 350°F. for 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Source: Nate Brown