Super-Charge Me! CookiesAlicia Lipinski
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon (rounded) sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4-1/3 cup raisins or chopped dried fruit
- 3-4 Tablespoons chocolate chips (optional; or use more dried fruit, nuts or seeds)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons almond butter (may use cashew, peanut, or hemp seed butter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, coconut, raisins, and chocolate chips. Sift in baking powder, and stir until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine flax meal, syrup, almond butter and vanilla, and stir until well combined. Add wet mixture to dry mixture, and stir until just combined (do not overmix).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon batter onto baking sheet evenly spaced apart, and lightly flatten. Bake for 13 minutes (no longer, or they will dry out). Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 1 minute (no longer), then transfer to a cooling rack.
Source: Dreena Burton - Eat Drink and Be Vegan