- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed parsley sprigs with stems removed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, walnuts, or almonds
- 1 large clove garlic, quarted
- 1/4 cup olive oil or cooking oil
Combine basil, parsley, cheese, nuts, garlic, and 1/4 tsp salt in a blender and process until a pste forms. WIth machine runnng slowly, gradually add oil and process to the consistency of soft butter. Divide into 4 portions and place in small airtight containers. Refrigerate 1 to 2 days or freeze up to one month.