Yaki-Mandu (Korean Egg Rolls)Dianne
- total time:
- 1 hr
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 carrots, sliced then chopped very small
- 2 zucchini squash, sliced then chopped very small
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- Bean Sprouts, approx 1/2#
- Rice Noodles
- Egg roll wrappers (if large ones, cut into fourths)
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Accent
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp sesami oil
Finely chop the onions, squash and carrots and add to meat in large bowl.
Cook bean sprouts in boiling water for approx 1 minute, and drain. Squeeze as much water from them as you can, and finely chop and add to meat.
Cook rice noodles in water until clear - about 2 minutes. Drain well. Finely chop and add to meat. Add 1 egg, spices and oil.
Mix 1 egg w/ some water. Add 1 tbl of meat mixture to each wrapper. Dip finger into egg/water and seal around edges of wrapper. Fry 3-4 minutes at 350 degrees. Its important for the wrappers to seal or they will open up.
From our good friend and neighbor in Tuscaloosa, AL, Chong Suk Hubbard