Pollo con PumateMichael Shepherd
Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- total time:
- 45 min
- 3 T olive oil (mixed with some oil from sun-dried tomatoes)
- 2/3 cup diced pancetta
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups sliced (1/4 inch) red onions
- 4 heaping tablespoons julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 T finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup basil chiffonade
- optionally, 1/2 cup mild olives
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a very large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and brown well on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.
Cook pancetta over medium heat until slightly crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the pancetta with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the remaining tablespoon oil to the pan with the pancetta fat and heat over medium heat. Add the onions and cook 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook until the onions are browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and add the stock. Return the chicken to the pan and stir in half the basil. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, then sprinkle with the pancetta, olives, and remaining basil. Serve with roasted potatoes.
Source: Michael Shepherd