Red-Top Meatloaf PieDawn
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) Chili sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) milk
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp (10 ml) each Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) Lean ground beef
Reserve 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the chili sauce.
In large bowl beat egg lightly; add remaining chili sauce, breadcrumbs, onion, milk, celery, garlic, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
Mix in beef.
Transfer to ungreased 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Bake in 350 (180C) oven for about 55 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Spread reserved sauce evenly over top. Bake for 10 minutes or until sauce is heated through.
Drain off fat.
Run knife around the edge of meat loaf; using spatula, slide onto plate.