Stetson Chopped Salad
This is the best salad we’ve tasted, and it lands in the top 10 most memorable dishes we’ve ever had. We can’t go to Scottsdale without visiting Cowboy Ciao for this salad.
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) Israeli (pearl) couscous, cooked
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup (1 oz) super-sweet dried corn
- 1/2 cup (2oz) arugula, chopped
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 1/2 oz asiago cheese, crumbled **
- 1/4 cup (1/2 oz) toasted pepitas **
- 1/4 cup dried black currants**
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup aioli (Note: If you cannot find commercially prepared aioli and don`t want to make your own, you can substitute mayonnaise, or use 1 cup olive oil, drizzled in very slowly with motor running so the mixture emulsifies. It should thicken further with refrigeration.
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Salt to taste
If pearl couscous is unavailable, substitute a tiny pasta like ditalini or acini di pepe. Pepitas are sometimes called Mexican pumpkin seeds. Sweet dried corn is usually available at natural food markets or in the produce section of some major grocers.
Source: Cowboy Ciao Restaurant - Scottsdale, AZ
More top-rated recipes: