Pasta with Lobster & TarragonDave
- prep time:
- 0 min
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 C yellow onion -- finely chopped
- 1 can plum tomatoes -- 2 lbs., 3 ozs.
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 C heavy cream
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 lbs spaghetti
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lbs lobster meat -- about 1.5 cups
- sprig fresh basil, parsley, or tarragon
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, reduce heat and cook, covered until tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Chop and drain tomatoes and add to onions. Add the tarragon, season to taste w/ salt & pepper, and bring to a boil. reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the mixture from the heat and let cool slightly. Puree in food processor.
4. Return to saucepan, stir in cream, and set over medium heat. Simmer the mixture, stirring often, for 15 minutes, or until slightly reduced. taste, correct seasoning, and stir in cayenne and lobster. Simmer further, 3-5 minutes, or just until lobster is heated through.
5. Cook pasta in 4 quarts of water with salt.
Source: Silver Palate Cookbook