'Flemings' Chipotle Mac 'N' CheeseAshley
The Original Recipe from Flemings Steakhouse in Middleton, WI.
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Finely Minced Jalepeño, Seeded
- 1 Tbsp. Finely Minced Green Onion
- (the white and light green part only)
- 2 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Milk (I use 1%)
- 1 Cup Cream
- 3 Cups Shredded Smoked Chedder Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp. (heaping) Salt
- 1/8 Tsp. Ground Chipotle Pepper
- 1/2 lb. Uncooked Cellentani Pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Chipotle Pepper
- Dash Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
- Minced Parsley
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add Jalepeño, green onion and saute slowly (about 5 min). You want them to soften, not turn brown.
Whisk in flour & continue to cook 5min.
Add milk, cream, cheese, salt & ground chipotle. Continue cooking 10-15 minutes. Stir often until thick.
While cheese sauce is thickening, cook pasta in 6-8 cups boiling water for 11 minutes (or until soft).
Make breadcrumb topping by stirring 1/4 Tsp. Chipotle pepper & dash salt into 1 Tbsp. melted butter. Measeure 1 Tsp. this mixture into 2 Tbsp Panko breadcrumbs & stir until well-coated.
Toss the remaining Chipotle butter
Drain pasta, combine with cheese sauce. Spoon onton serving dish, top with Chipotle breadcrumb topping & parsley.
Source: FLEMINGS STEAKHOUSE