Sweet Potato PieJanice Terry
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen deep-dish piecrusts, thawed
- Garnishes: whipped cream, grated nutmeg
Cook sweet potato in boiling water to cover 30 minutes or until tender; drain.
Beat sweet potatoes and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, beating well. Pour mixture evenly into each piecrust.
Bake at 350° on lower oven rack for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Garnish, if desired.
Source: Janice Terry