Baked French ToastCourtney
Baked French Toast Recipe adapted from All Recipes
- prep time:
- 20 min
- total time:
- 12 + hours
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons simple syrup
Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and simple syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
For simple syrup, combine equal parts water and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer until sugar dissolves. Let cool.