Bibb Salad with Smoky Ranch Dressing
In the Midwest Ranch dressing is a condiment. It sits proudly next to the mustard and ketchup and is served with everything. Here is a wonderful take on that dressing we all love.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled (about 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (about 2 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 heads (Boston or Bibb) lettuce, torn
- 1 cup yellow or red pear tomatoes, halved
For Smoky Ranch Dressing, place garlic clove on cutting board and use side of wide knife to smash. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt on garlic. Use side of knife to mash and rub into paste. Transfer to bowl. Whisk in buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, chives, green onion, vinegar, paprika, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper into garlic paste until combined.
Toss lettuce with tomatoes. Serve with Smoky Ranch dressing. Serves 8.
Don't hesitate to play around with this salad. To make it a main dish add: grilled chicken, black beans and monterey jack cheese. Bam!! Southwest chicken salad!
More top-rated recipes: