Baja Fish TacosPatsy Brown
These two recipes are an excellent way to use up the freezer stash of tortillas and in the second recipe, that box of fish sticks. I would use flour tortillas, but it might be nice to have with both flour and corn.
- Ease of Cooking: Medium Difficulty
- Serving Size: 4
- Fish Tacos are delicious, these feature a spicy and citrus flavor.
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 lb. mahimahi or other firm whitefish fillets -- in bite-sized pieces
- 2 C. presliced green cabbage
- 1/2 C. chopped green onions
- 1/2 C. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 6" corn tortillas
- 8 lime wedges -- optional
Combine taco seasoning, lime juice and orange juice in a medium bowl. Add
fish; toss to coat. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Combine
cabbage, onions, and sour cream in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a large nonstick
skillet over med-high heat. Add fish; saute 5 minutes or until fish is done.
Spoon about 1/4 cup cabbage mixture down center of each tortilla.
Divide fish evenly among tortillas; fold in half. Serve with lime wedges.
Source: Patsy Brown