Beef Tenderloin for a crowd
A perfect special occasion dish. You may want to serve with lightly whipped unsweetened cream zipped up with a little dollop of prepared horseradish stirred in.
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse-ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 large shallot, peeled and cut in quarters
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole large beef tenderloin, trimmed (about 7 pounds)
- NOTE: Tuck the skinny end of the tenderloin under and tie with butchers string, or ask your butcher to do this for you as well as to lightly trim it.
More top-rated recipes: