White ChiliLauren Mangnall
- 3 cans Great Northern white beans (16oz)
- 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans chopped mild green chilies (4 oz)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock or canned broth
- 3 cups grated Monery Jack cheese (about 12 ounces)
- sour cream
Pleace chicken in heavy large saucepan. Add cold water to cover and bring to simmer. Cook until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Remove skin. Cut chicken into cubes.
Heat oil in same pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, then chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne and saute 2 minutes. Add undrained beans and stick and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add chicken and cheese to chili and stir until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle chili into bowls. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Source: Blue Owl Restaurant