Shrimp and Sausage BoilSue Bachner
- 3 tablespoons of Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 1/4 to 3 pounds of new potatoes
- 4 or 5 ears of corn, husked and broken into 1 1/2 to 3 inch pieces
- 2 pounds of spicy link sausage (kielbasa or andouille), diagonally sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 3 to 4 pounds of medium to large unpeeled shrimp
- 3 to 4 lemons, halved
1) In a 12 to 16 quart pot, bring 2 gallons of water to boiling. Add Old Bay Seasoning; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add potatoes, a few at a time, allowing water to continue simmering. Simmer 7 to 10 minutes, until nearly tender. Add corn, simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add sausage and shrimp. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes, until shrimp are opaque and sausage is heated through; drain.
2) Transfer to large platter. Serve with melted butter, lemon and cocktail sauce.