Puerto Rican Eggnog (Coquito Puertorriqueño)Dana
Coquito is Puerto Rico’s Christmas eggnog and it is delicious.
- prep time:
- 5 min
- total time:
- 15 min
- One 15-ounce can sweetened cream of coconut (like Coco Lopez)
- 1 1/2 cups white rum (optional)
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- One 12-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend at low speed until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and serve in small glasses.
NOTE: If you are concerned with eating raw eggs, you can use egg substitute with wonderful results. Also, wash the shells well before using them may reduce any risk of infection. In any case, pregnant women and those with compromised immune system should avoid raw eggs.
Source: Daisy M.