Applebee's Garlic Mashed PotatoesGreta Cote
The popular Applebee’s® restaurant chain’s version of mashed potatoes uses garlic, bacon, scallions, and sour cream.
- prep time:
- 10 min
- total time:
- 20 min
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 strips bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk, warmed
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large pot, cover potatoes and garlic with lightly salted water. Boil until potatoes are fork tender.
Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. Pour out all but 1 teaspoon bacon grease from pan. Add scallions to grease, saute until soft, but not brown. Add bacon.
Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mash potatoes with milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir in bacon and scallions. Reheat, if necessary, before serving.
Source: greta cote