Frijal Colado - Sweet Black Bean Puree Dessertkerrie
December 2006 - Peruvian Christmas
- 2 cups dried black beans-Soak overnight in cold water
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 cups brown sugar (can use maple syrup)
- 3 Tbsp. ground sesame seeds
- 1 cup evaporated milk or 1 cup soy milk or 1 cup cocoanut milk
Drain, Place beans in saucepan, cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer over low heat until tender (1/2 to 3/4 of an hour. Drain the beans , saving 1 cup of the liquid. Put beans into food processor and puree until smooth.
Bring the reserved liquid to a boil, add cinnamon, cloves and sugar and mix well. Add the pureed beans, milk and the ground sesame seeds, simmer, stirring continuously until thickened. Let cool to room temperature.