Momma’s and Libby’s Christmas rum cakeNancy P. Barry
This cake has become a Barry family tradition, although it came from mom’s family. Her first cousin Lib Maxwell sent it to her one Christmas. Now my brother, Don, makes them every Christmas and gives them to friends as well as to us. Even though it is very sweet, a little piece with some ice cream is divine.
- 1 package butter golden cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/4 to 1/2 cu. Chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup casking oil (corn oil or Wesson oil)
- 4 eggs.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1/4 cup rum
- Boil ingredients 3 minutes. Pour over hot cake.
Source: Nancy P. Barry