Crock pot Spicy-Sweet Ribs and BeansJanice Terry
- 3 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs, trimmed, or 2 to 3 pounds boneless ribs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10.5-ounce) jar red jalapeño jelly
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon green hot sauce
Place beans in a 5-quart electric slow cooker; set aside.
Cut ribs apart; sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place ribs on a broiling pan.
Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 18 to 20 minutes or until browned, turning once. Add ribs to slow cooker, and sprinkle with onion.
Combine jelly, barbecue sauce, and hot sauce in a saucepan; cook over low heat until jelly melts. Pour over ribs; stir gently.
Cover and cook at HIGH 5 to 6 hours or at LOW 9 to 10 hours. Remove ribs. Drain bean mixture, reserving sauce. Skim fat from sauce. Arrange ribs over bean mixture; serve with sauce.
Source: Janice Terry