Steakhouse Chopped Salad with Lemon Basil DressingCaryn
Jack and I love steakhouses and their chopped salads. So, I tried to copy Ruth Chris and this is my version. Pretty close to Ms. Chris if I do say so myself.
- prep time:
- 30 min chopping
- total time:
- 30 min
- A mix of julienne: Chopped
- iceberg lettuce
- Tossed with: All ingredients chopped fine
- red onion
- green olives
- hearts of palm
- blue cheese
- topped with:
- cherry tomatoes
- crispy fried red onions
- Lemon Basil Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Pommery mustard
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 basil leaves, very thinly sliced (save 12 whole basil leaves for a salad
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Chop the lettuce and spinach and place in a large bowl.
Then chop all of the above ingredients and place on top of the lettuce mixture.
To make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small jar; cover, and shake well. For a creamier texture, mix in a blender.
Pour the dressing over the top and toss. To serve top with tomatoes and fried onions.