Pasta with Broccoli & ChickpeasTake Home Chef Probkevitz
- 1 1/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 generous cup broccoli florets
- 3-4 oz small pasta (bowties)
- 4 Tbsp minced red onion (optional)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup diced canned plum tomatoes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh toasted bread crumbs
- grated cheese
Put the chickpeas in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add salt and drop broccoli. Cook until tender 4-5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and refresh in cold water. Drain and set aside. Drop pasta in water and cook.
Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and chickpeas and cook for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and broccoli and cook until hot. Season with salt and pepper. Drain pasta when al dente and add to sauce with bread crumbs. Warm through. Transfer to bowl and sprinkle with cheese.
*can substitute cauliflower.