I served these at a work dinner party. They were a hit!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- some ground pepper
- 1 lb filo pastry
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6oz butter, melted
- 15 oz lean ground beef or lamb
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 eggs
I served the cigars with harissa, but I'm sure you could pair them with some other tasty dipping sauces; try to make them all the same size; I rolled the cigars, put them in tupperware and let them rest for at least 1 hour.
Source: Alicia Gimenez
More top-rated recipes: