Quinoa and Black Bean SaladAmy Sawyer
- total time:
- 20 min
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2T red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn or pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 pickled jalepenos, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5T lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Wash quinoa in 5 changes of cold water. Drain. Cook in 3 cups boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain.
Toss beans and vinegar with salt & pepper in large bowl. Add quinoa and next 4 ingredients and toss.
Whisk last 4 ingredients together, pour on salad and toss well.
Serve room temperature. Can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated; bring to room temp before serving.
Would be nice at the holidays--the green (cilantro) and red (pomegranate seeds) are pretty and festive.