Chicken and Orzo SoupKarla Mei Robertson
A quick, flavorful and filling take on chicken noodle soup.
- total time:
- 45 min
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh marjoram
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cups Orzo
- 6 oz. baby spinach
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. In a large suacepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and saute until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the carrots, celery and marjoram and saute until the vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes longer.
3. Add the broth, raise the heat to medium-high, and simmer for 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
4. Add the pasta to the simmering soup and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
5. Add the spinach and the chicken and cook until the chicken is warmed through, about 1 minute.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Divide soup among 4 bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Source: Karla Mei Robertson