Lemon Pine-Nut RiceLaura Edgar
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
In medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice, season with salt and pepper, and return to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook just until tender - 15 to 17 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Toss rice with pine nuts, oil, and lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and fluff gently with a fork.
Source: Everyday Food