Gramma B’s TaboulehGillian Stammer
A light, refreshing salad good for any side or even as a meal on its own!
- prep time:
- 20 min
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions
- 1/3 cup Italian style dressing
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- handful parsley
1) Bring the broth to a boil and add the beaten eggs. Whisk until cooked and remove from the stove.
2) Stir in couscous; cover and let cool (approx 10 minutes)
3) Fluff with a fork. Add remaining ingredients together and mix.
4) Move to a large bowl and serve.
If no Italian style dressing is available, substitute juice of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp oil, chopped red chili
Source: Lorraine Boyle