Spanish Rice with ChickenSusan Cornelius Hinderaker
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick oregano leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 14 1/2 ounces Del Monte diced tomatoes
- 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken breast tenderloins, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked rice, for serving
Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken over medium heat for about 4 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and oregano. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Add rice. Stir to combine ingredients and heat for 2 minutes.
If using pre-cooked chicken, add the chicken to the vegetables along with the tomatoes. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Add rice and heat for 2 minutes.
Source: Susan Cornelius Hinderaker