Sudado de Pollo (Sweaty Chicken)peyton
your childhood favorite
- 2 Chicken drumsticks and thighs
- (or just any piece) with or without the skin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- if possible, substitute pepper and cumin for 1 teaspoon “Salsina EL REY” (available in any Columbian market)
In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the tomatoes, garlic, salt and ground pepper for 5 more minutes.
Add the chicken, less than a 1/4 cup of water, cumin or “Salsina”. Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the potatoes and cook for an additional 30 minutes at low heat, or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Serve with white rice.