Shrimp Sorrento from Ruffino’sgary burnett
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 14 large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 T. Creole seasoning
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 4 oz. Heavy Cream
- 4 oz. Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 oz. Butter
- 1 oz. Grated pecorino Romano
- 1 oz. grated Parmesan
- Chiffonade of fresh basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. Angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
• Cook pasta according to package directions, until tender yet firm.
• Heat the olive oil in a large sauté’ pan over medium high heat.
• Season the shrimp with Creole seasoning and add to the sauté’ pan.
• Cook until the shrimp are just pink.
• Remove the pan from the heat and add vodka. The vodka will flame, so be careful!!!
• When the flame dies out, add the cream and bring to a boil.
• Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil again. Add butter and cheese and stir.
• Season to taste with salt and pepper and add cooked pasta and fresh basil.
• Heat through and divide into two pasta bowls.
• Serve hot and pass the fresh grated cheese!
Source: gary burnett