Sweet Potato GratinClaire Chandler
- prep time:
- 30 minutes
- cook time:
- 60 to 90 minutes
- 2 cups heavy cream (we use light whipping cream) 1 tablespoon chipotle chile puree 4 medium sweet potatoes, pealed and sliced 1/8 inch thick kosher salt and freshly ground pepper thinly sliced green onion, white and green parts, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven at 375 degrees.
2. Whisk together the cream and chipotle puree.
3. In a 10-inch square baking dish with 2-inch-high sides, arrange an even layer of potatoes on the bottom of the dish, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the cream mixture, and season with salt and pepper. Repeat. Press down on the gratin to totally submerge the potatoes.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 30 to 45 minutes, until cream has been absorbed, the potatoes are cooked through, and the top is browned.
5. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Top with green onion This can be made up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated.
Source: Claire & Ryan Rosston