Louisiana Hot Crab DipMorgan Cargle
Crab is on every menu in New Orleans, utilizing the local blue crab. But you can use any crab available--just make sure it’s free of preservatives. This creamy dip is traditionally served with plain white crackers or toast points.
- prep time:
- 5 minutes
- cook time:
- 35 to 40 minutes
- total time:
- 45 minutes
- 1/2 lb jumbo lump crab meat, free of shells
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsp minced green onions (white and green parts)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.
Serve hot, with hot sauce on the side for those who like it spicy.