Chicken and BiscuitsJoann Johnson
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10- 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit and baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup, milk, 1 cup cheese and bacon. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Top with onions and remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Good grief, I have made this a lot. We tend to use green beans instead of mixed veggies. Sometimes, we just don’t feel like having the veggies in this at all. Just increase the chicken to 4 ½ cups.