Spaghetti Alla CarbonaraKara
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 oz. pancetta, cubed
- 1 lb. dry spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl until just combined. Whisk in the cheese. Set aside.
2. Place the pancetta in a large saute pan and set over medium head. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp on the outside and much of the fat has rendered out, about 12-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil and add the salt. Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Before draining the pasta, reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water.
4. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the pancetta. Over medium head, toss the pasta well, making sure it is piping hot. Remove from the head and stir in the egg mixture quickly, tossing to coat the past evenly.
5. Season with plenty of black pepper and toss again. Add a little of the reserved pasta water to thin out to the desired creamy consistency. Add salt to taste if needed.