Almond Butter sugar cookieHeather Moore
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 t butter flavoring
- 3 C flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 1 t vanilla
- dash salt
- 3-4 C powdered sugar
- 2-3 T milk
1. Cream your butter and sugar together for at least 2 minutes.
2. Add your eggs, vanilla, almond extract and butter flavoring. Beat the mixture for another 2 minutes or until everything is nice and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir it around to combine.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
5. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Bake at 350 for about 7 minutes of until the tops of the cookies start to crack. Take them out of the oven and let them continue to cook on the hot sheet for several minutes.
7. Remove the cookies and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1. Place the cream cheese and butter in your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl.
2. Beat it until the two are well combined and nice and smooth.
3. Add the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and dash of salt. Beat well. Add a bit more powdered sugar if it’s too thin, and more milk if it’s too thick.
4. Add a few drops of food coloring and mix it in.
5. Pipe the frosting on to your cooled cookies and top with sprinkle.