Lynn's LasagnaKen Robinson
This is a very hearty dish and we always look forward to having it.
- total time:
- 2 hr
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 1 tsp parsley
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb mozarella cheese, chopped
- 1 large container cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheee
- 1/2 cup red wine
1. Fry ground beef, sausage, onion, garlic, parsley.(garlic last)in olive oil.
2. Add tomato paste, then water, finally red wine.
3. Simmer all this for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
4. Mix cottage cheese and Ricotta cheese, add 3 eggs and blend keeping separate from meat mixture.
5. Boil lasagna noodles until soft.
6. Prepare in long Corning ware dish that has been oiled in the following order:
one layer noodles-one layer meat sauce(half)-sprinkle with half of parmesean cheese-then one layer cottage cheese mixture(half)- then one-third of grated mozarella cheese-begin next layer of lasagna noodles and use same layering procedure as before. End top layer with noodles. Last step is mozarella cheese on top. Sprinkle with parsley for color. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Source: Ken Robinson