Red Lobster's Crab Stuffed MushroomsAlyssa
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms - (abt 35 to 40)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 pound crab claw meat
- 2 cups oyster crackers -- crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 slices white cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Saute celery, onion, and pepper in butter for 2 minutes, transfer to a plate and cool in the refrigerator.
While vegetables cool, wash mushrooms and remove stems.
Set caps to the side and finely chop half of the stems.
Discard the other half of the stems or use elsewhere.
Combine the sauted vegetables, chopped mushroom stems, and all other ingredients (except cheese slices) and mix well.
Place mushroom caps in individual buttered casseroles or baking dishes (about 6 caps each).
Spoon 1 teaspoon of stuffing into each mushroom.
Cover with sliced cheese.
Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
Source: Red Lobster