Simple Tomato Sauce for Your MeatballsAmanda Snow
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5g) minced garlic
- 1 28 oz (800g) Italian peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon (15g) minced fresh basil leaves
- salt and ground black pepper
1. Discard the frying oil from the pan, leaving behind any browned bits of meat. Add the extra-virgin olive oil along with the garlic, saute just until the garlic is golden, then remove it.
2. Add the crushed tomatoes, and simmer gently until the sauce thicken, 10 minutes. Add the minced basil leaves, add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Now it’s time to add the meatballs to the tomato sauce, and keep simmering turning them occasionally until well cooked through, about 40 minutes.
Ready to be served!