Jalapeno Plum Jellycharlene pepper
Jalapeno Plum Jelly to be served with cream cheese and crackers or spread over chicken or pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped jalopenos, and add a Habanero if you like it hotter
- 1 1/2 cup juice with pulp from Shiro plums or apricots, or peaches, or pomegranate juce.
- 1 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 5 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (3 oz pectin) liquid or powder
- 1 drop red food coloring
1. Seed peppers
2. Boil peppers in vinegar and juice of your choice for 15 minutes.
3. Strain but add back alittle of pepper bits for flecks in jelly
4. Heat japapeno water and food coloring
5. Add sugar and heat and stir until it dissolves
6. Bring mixture to a boil and then add pectin. Bring back to boil for 1 minute
7. Skim foam off and ladle into clean hot jars and lids, process water bath for 10 minutes.
Source: charlene pepper