Buttermilk CornbreadChristina J
This corn bread is slightly sweet and perfectly moist. And with how simple it is to make, you’ll probably never bother going back to the “box” variety again.
- prep time:
- 15 min
- cook time:
- 30 min
- total time:
- 45 min
- 1 1/3 C plain enriched yellow corn meal
- 1 1/3 C all-purpose flower
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients until blended. Pour batter into baking pan.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until light brown on the edges.
For easier "portioning" you can also make these in a muffin tin. You can make a buttermilk substitute by adding 1 tsp of Lemon Juice to 1 cup of milk, letting it sit for 5 minutes, and then stir it before adding it to the recipe.