Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipehanah kim
- 1/2 cup Curried Chicken Salad (recipe follows)
- 2 slices whole- wheat bread
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 handful mixed field greens
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (we prefer Hellmann’s)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (about 1/2 medium onion)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black peppe
Preheat the oven to 350°f.
Rub the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the curry powder, place them on a baking sheet, and roast until a meat thermometer registers 160°f in the thickest part, about 20 minutes. Let the chicken cool.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon curry powder with the apricot jam, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
When the chicken is cool, cut it into 1/2- inch cubes. Add the chicken, celery, and onion to the bowl and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Any unused curried chicken can be covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.)
Source: Alice’s Teacup