Chicken Marbella for a CrowdCarrie
I’ve also done this with pork chops. *Note, this recipe needs to be marinated overnight!*
- 4 chickens, (2 1/2 lbs each), quartered (Or just use breasts and/or thighs)
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup dried oregano
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 cup pitted prunes, and/or apricots
- 1/2 cup pitted Spanish green olives
- 1/2 Cup capers with a bit of juice
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup white wine
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped Italian parsley
In a large bowl, combine chicken pieces,garlic, oregano, pepper, salt to taste, vinegar, olive oil, prunes and/or apricots, capers and juice,
and bay leaves. Cover and let marinate,
refrigerated, over night.
Preheat oven to 350F
Arrange chicken in single layer in one or 2 large shallow baking dishes and spoon marinade over it evenly. Sprinkle chicken pieces with brown sugar and pour white wine around them.
Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour basting
TO serve, use a slotted spoon and transfer chicken, fruit, olives, and capers to serving platter. Moisten with few spoonfuls of pan juices and sprinkle with parsley. Pass remaining juices.
Source: Lela Hilton