Grown Up Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Not your ordinary grilled cheese, this one is filled with Gruyère, sweet caramelized onions and peppery arugula. Pair it with our Smoky Lentil Soup for a satisfying supper.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 slices sweet batard, cut on the bias 1/2 inch thick
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 10 oz. Gruyère cheese, sliced
- 1/2 oz. arugula
- Smoky lentil soup for serving (see related recipe)
Serve with Smoky Lentil Soup or a hearty tomato Soup. Serve with a light Pinot Noir, such as a California or Australian.
Source: Bill Marriott
More top-rated recipes: