Pumpkin Bread PuddingCarl Kleinebecker
A tasty variation on a theme.
- total time:
- 40 min
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
- 5 cups cubed (1-inch) day-old baguette or crusty bread
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
While preheating oven to 350°F with rack in middle, melt butter in bottom of a 8-inch square baking dish. Once it is melted, take it out of the oven and toss bread cubes with butter, coating thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, whisk together all the remaining ingredients. Pour them over buttered bread cubes in baking dish, stirring to make sure all pieces are evenly coated. Bake until custard is set, 25 to 30 minutes.
Source: From the Kitchen of smittenkitchen.com