Firebird’s Chicken PastaMorgan Cargle
IngredientsChile Asiago Cream Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chile rub (ancho chile powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, sugar and salt)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Roux (Whisk 2 Tbsp flour with 1/2 cup of chicken stock to make a paste)
- 1 1/2 cups asiago cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp basil, roughly chopped
- 2 lbs penne pasta
- 4 chicken breasts, grilled
- 4 slices apple wood-smoked bacon, cooked
- 3 cups chile asiago cream sauce (see recipe)
- 3 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 large fresh tomato, diced
Chile Asiago Cream Sauce
Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan on medium high heat, add the shallots, garlic and chile rub, cook until softened but not browned.
Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the heavy cream, milk, salt and pepper, cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the roux, cheese, and basil, stir until thickened. Remove from heat, cool and refrigerate until you are ready to add it to the pasta dish.
Firebird’s Chicken Pasta
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, grill over medium high heat until juices run clear.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Add the cooked bacon and grilled chicken to a large saute pan, add the chile asiago cream sauce and the pasta, cook until heated through.
Top with diced tomatoes and diced green onions.
Source: Firebird’s Restaurants