Pio Pio Green SauceAmy
- 2 fresh jalapeños, including seeds and ribs, diced
- 1 tablespoon aji Amarillo paste
- 10 sprigs cilantro leaves and stems, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated cotija cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Squeeze of lime
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1) Add all the ingredients except the mayo into a blender or food processor, and process until a smooth paste forms.
2) Add the mayo to the purée, and process a few seconds more.
3) Serve as a dipping sauce with salchipapa, french fries and thinly sliced hot dogs deep-fried together, or roasted chicken.